Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Fountain Pen, Issue 12, December 2007

In this issue...

From Mayra's Desk
News
Author Interviews:
Interview with Cheryl K. Tardif, author of Whale Song
Interview with Erica Miner, author of Travels With My Lovers
Interview with Maureen Fisher, author of The Jaguar Legacy
Interview with Dennis N. Griffin, author of Cullota
Interview with Michael Simon, author of The Last Jew Standing
Publisher Interviews:
Interview with Sandra Swayder Sanchez, The Wessex Collective
Articles
"How Do Books Get into Bookstore Shelves?" by Dee Power
Mayra's Reviews
Dead Right, by Brenda Novak (romantic suspense/thriller)
Who Killed Marcia Maynard? by Alma H. Bond (mystery)
Resources
Contests

*****

From Mayra's Desk...

Dear Readers,

This month I have a lot of great interviews to share with you. I hope you'll enjoy them. The article about how books get into bookstore shelves is also particularly interesting.

This November I spent most of my time sending off copies of Dark Lullaby and The Magic Violin to reviewers, as well as contacting violin/music shops. Thanks to all the violin shop owners who ordered copies of The Magic Violin for their little violinist customers during this season. Some ordered in the dozens and I was thrilled.

Relaxation hardly ever comes to an author who's marketing her books, and this December is no exception. I'm going on another virtual book tour (don't miss your chance of winning a $20 Amazon certificate on the 25th! Read under 'News' for details)), have to finish a proposal for Harper Collins, and edit a YA manuscript for an agent, all in between shopping for gifts, setting up the tree and house decorations, and dealing with family and friends... But naturally, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I wish you all a wonderful holiday filled with health and happiness and... (of course) great reading material!

Best,

Mayra

*****

News!


*To promote the release of my Christmas picture book, The Magic Violin, I'll be going on a mini virtual book tour during the month of December. The tour will start on December 1st and end on December 25th, when I'll be giving away a $20 Amazon certificate to a lucky winner. To be eligible, all you need to do is leave a comment at the end of my blog stops. The more comments you leave, the higher your chances of winning. For a detailed schedule of my tour and the stops I'll be making, visit my blog, Mayra's Secret Bookcase. I hope you'll join me in my tour! :-)
*The Magic Violin is now available on Amazon, B&N, and from your favorite brick & mortar bookstore.

*I finally put together the violion-related fiction blog I wanted. Do you love the violin and books? Then Violin and Books is for you!

*Reviews of my novel, Dark Lullaby, are slowly but steadily coming in...

Top Amazon Reviewer Harriet Klausner calls it "a terrific horror tale." Read the full review at Alternative Worlds.

Patricia Altner of Patricia's Vampire Notes says "a must read for those who enjoy novels of horror. Calvani keeps the tension tight throughout this gripping novel." Read the full review here.

Katie's Reading says... "Part horror and thriller with a touch of romance Dark Lullaby is a quick read that will keep you glued to the pages. Thoughtful, entertaining, and chilling the characters and the exotic settings will sweep you away."

*****

Author Interviews



*****

Publisher Interviews


*****

Article

By Dee Power

*****

Mayra's Reviews

Dead Right, by Brenda Novak

Who Killed Marcia Maynard, by Alma H. Bond

*****

Resources

Fiction Flyer, monthly newsletter for writers and readers alike.

Nothing Binding, bonding authors and readers.

*****

Contests

*Harlequin Intrigue author Tracy Montoya has launched a new contest in celebration of her December 2007 release, Telling Secrets. For details on how to enter and win a $25 gift certificate to BookSense or Barnes & Noble, plus a book from Tracy's backlist, visit her blog at http://www.tracymontoya.blogspot.com/ or MySpace page www.myspace.com/tracymontoya anytime between Dec. 1 through Dec. 23.

No comments: